For long lasting pleasure of your Strelitzia flowers some effort has to be done. You have to help the flowers come out of the shaft.
1. Put the flowers in room temperature tap water for 20 minutes.
2. If the first bloom is damaged, take it off.
3. Open the shaft carefully, take the blooms out and unfold them.
4. Spray the flowers with crowning glory to prevent dehydrating. Also you can put some petroleum jelly on the shaft.
5. cut the stem and put it in the water.
6. Enjoy your beautiful Strelitzia.
Below is an instruction video in english.